Sunday, July 28

DIY matte lip

I've seen it. You've seen it. We've all seen it. Matte lips are very trendy this year and you can find them on the runways or at the workplace. Have you wanted to try the matte finish but not have to buy duplicates of your favorite colors? Thaaat would be me. Unless there is a deal like some BOGO action, I'm not going to be buying the same of one product just because one is shiny and one is matte. So what can you do?

I've been doing a little bit of research and found some pretty cool tricks to DIY your lips and to achieve a beautiful matte lip.

WHAT YOU NEED:

STEP 1: Moisturize.

STEP 2: Line lips.

STEP 3: Apply lipstick.

STEP 4: Blot with a tissue and dust powder through the tissue.

STEP 5: You now have a matte lip!!

If you don't have any translucent powder in your makeup bag, you can substitute it for blush. What?! Yep. Just remove the tissue from the equation and swop out the powder for the blush. Pat it on your lips and you're done.

WHAT YOU NEED:
Covergirl Outlast All-Day Lipcolor (only the moisturizing half--but any chapstick-like stick will work) | POP Beauty Pouty Pop Crayon in Fuchsia Flirt | MAC Mineralized Blush in Dainty

STEP 1: Moisturize.

STEP 2: Apply lipstick.

STEP 3: Smear blush over lips.

STEP 4: You now have a matte lip using blush!

Which do you like better? Personally, the blush is quicker for me and less fuss but I like the look of the loose powder brushed through the tissue. It doesn't change the color of my favorite lipsticks--because if I wanted a different color, I would have bought a different color. But it's still fun to mix with colors and find something new. It's like buying a new lipstick from the store!! 

Both of these options give you a long-lasting color on your lips. It won't smudge on drinking glasses nor will it smudge on someone's cheek when you kiss them goodbye. It truly lasts all day. And if you do need to touch up, you can reapply like normal. Most stains/24-hour lip colors make my lips dry when it's been on for that many hours. And it's hell to rub those off if you do need to reapply.

This DIY trick makes me a happy girl. I'm saving money and keeping my lips moisturized while looking matte. Do you have any different ideas for a DIY matte lip? I'd love to hear it and try it myself!!

No comments:

Post a Comment