Wednesday, July 17

July BIRCHBOX

Birchbox was the other beauty subscription that I signed up for at the beginning of July. I wasn't so sure if I would be getting a box this month since it was so close to their cut-off date. BUT I DID. Yay!!! I watched a couple of unveiling videos from other bloggers that I follow and decided to peek inside mine. And honestly, I'm kind of glad that I did peek instead of recording my disappointed reaction.

Birchbox has somewhat of a higher reputation than Ipsy so when I loved the Ipsy bag a couple of days ago, I thought I was going to LOVE Birchbox. And don't get me wrong, I do like it, it's just the products that came in the box aren't something I can really play around with. There isn't any nail polish or eye shadow or even lipstick of some kind.

With that being said, I'm not totally disappointed. There are still some high quality things inside and I wanted to share them with you. Descriptions are from their card inside the box.




benefit cosmetics
Triple Performing Facial Emulsion | Full-size, $30
WHAT An oil-free, smarty-pants formula that balances skin hydration levels and protects; SPF 15.
HOW   Apply a nickel-sized amount to clean skin.


juice beauty
Stem Cellular Repair CC Cream | Full-size, $39
WHAT This color control cream naturally improves skin tone with vitamin C and grape-derived resveratrol.
HOW   Apply a thin layer to clean, slightly damp face, neck, and decolletage.


number 4
Super Comp Prep & Protect | Full-size, $32
WHAT A sulfate-free leave-in conditioner that safeguards color and protects against UV rays.
HOW   Mist evenly onto damp hair before styling.


body drench
QuickTan Gradual Self Tanning Lotion | Full-size, $18
WHAT An easy-to-apply tanning lotion that gives you a buildable, natural-looking glow.
HOW   Apply evenly on clean, exfoliated skin. Wash hands after application.


birchbox 
Bobby Pins | Set of Sex, $5
WHAT We designed these patterned pins to add style to summer hair with minimal effort.
HOW   Jazz up simple ponytails, or use to secure errant bangs or layers.



Meghan's Superficial Reviews:
Benefit Cosmetics | I think I am in love with all Benefit products. I just discovered the brand a few months ago and I don't ever want to let go! This face moisturizer hydrates my skin without it feeling tacky. I also love that it's oil-free because that can be a mess underneath your makeup.

Juice Beauty | I actually haven't tried this on my face yet. I applied a tiny bit to my neck to see how it would blend and it works really nicely. The color is "warm glow", which is what I wanted for a CC cream, so I was happy with the outcome. Now to see how it works on my entire face!

Number 4 | This product I have in my hair right this second. I applied it while my hair was still a little damp and then I let it air dry. It left my hair feeling soft and protected.

Body Drench | I am most excited about this product. I didn't even realize that I checked tanning as something I was interested in inside my profile online. But I guess I did. The color is "medium" so I'm anxious to try it out. I'll probably try it on my legs first. They're the whitest so we'll see how it goes. I haven't used a self-tanner in many years but I know this brand is well-known so I'll give it a shot.

Birchbox Bobby Pins | This one seemed a little confusing to me but then I realized it was the beauty extra for this month. I think all subscribers received these decorative pins. Don't get me wrong, they're cute, but they are also thick so I'm not sure what they would look like. My hair is pretty thick so if I'm using a ton of these pins to hold back bangs or whatever the case may be, I would look like a metal head.


Like I mentioned earlier, I'm not disappointed per say, but I'm not enthralled either. Step it up, Birchbox! Ipsy is beating you this month!!

No comments:

Post a Comment