Tuesday, July 30

National Lipstick Day!! (a day late)


Okay, so I know I'm a day late with this post, but HAPPY NATIONAL LIPSTICK DAY!! You didn't think I'd forget about all my fellow lipstick lovers out there, did you?


And now it's time for a little history about lipstick...

Ancient Mesopotamian woman were possibly the first women to invent and wear lipstick. They crushed gemstones and used them to decorate their lips. Gimme some jew-ry for my lips!! Women in the ancient Indus Valley Civilization applied lipstick to their lips for face decoration. Ancient Egyptians extracted red dye from fucus-algin, among other ingredients, which resulted in serious illness. Lipsticks with shimmering effects were initially made using a pearlescent substance found in fish scales. How's about smelling like fish all day? (source)


Some key celebrity lipstick trendsetters...


Elizabeth Taylor
Marilyn Manson
Gwen Stefani
...and many more--but these stuck out to me.

My suggestion in honor of this day (whether a day late or not) is to go out and buy a new tube of lipstick!! Find a color that you can get a lot of use out of with the clothes in your closet. And if you're unsure of that magical color, stop in your nearest department store and ask one of the makeup consultants about what shade would best match your skin tone.

No comments:

Post a Comment