Tuesday, July 2

4th of July FUN

This post goes out to all my Nashville peeps. I don't mean to exclude any others but I'm sure your city has similar events, so look them up! I feel like Memorial Day and 4th of July are the holidays with prime time events happening outside. I mean, duh, they do fall during the Summer months. You even might be a pro at hosting your own parties and that works too. Like I've mentioned before, anything to do outside while spending more time with your family will add so many memories to your existence. You'll not want to miss any of them.

Nashville has many many things happening tomorrow for the 4th of July holiday. In case you can't find anything appealing or you hate looking in several spots to find several events, I'm going to list them below for your convenience. Aren't I nice?? But seriously, I hope this helps you out in your search for some good 'ole family fun.

ONE.
Formerly known as "Dancing in the District", Nashville Dancin' is in its' first year of a free Summer music series. It features local bands which perform on the stage at Riverfront. They normally play every Thursday at 7 pm and since the holiday falls on a Thursday this year, they are continuing to perform, but from 12-5 instead. Tomorrow bands include The Cultivation, Molly Sue Gonzalez, Phoenix Stone, Derek St. Holmes Band, The Willis Clan, Joey DeGraw, and Chris Mulkey and Deluxe. I love that this music series is free. Plus it gives you the opportunity to discover new music!! WIN WIN.

TWO.
NASHVILLE FAMILY FUN ZONE.

Right beside the stage at Riverfront is a lawn area where the Family Fun Zone will be set up. It will be open from 12-5 pm and you don't have to worry about the heat because they offer free water fountains as well as misting stations. Thank you Nashville. Vendors will be set up with free samples, interactive displays, and of course, games. Several of the games are even adult friendly! This sounds like the perfect outside event to start your day!

THREE.
MUSIC CITY 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION.

Nashville is promising to throw the biggest and baddest 4th of July party yet. Once 5 pm hits, they will shutting down Broadway from 1st to 3rd Avenues. You are encouraged to bring lawn chairs, blankets, and even coolers. In addition to the Family Fun Zone happening before 5, they will be featuring a zip line, concert, and the big finale...FIREWORKS!! The concert lineup includes Keb' Mo', The Nashville Symphony, The Band Perry, Striking Matches, and Ten Out of Ten, to name a few.

If you need more event details, visit their website here.

FOUR.

I did not even know about this event but when I found it in the Google search, it looked really interesting. This event will be taking place in East Nashville off Woodland Street at East Park Community Center. The parade will begin at 10:30 tomorrow morning and the rest of the event will begin at 11 am. It will be featuring inflatables for the children, local music concerts, food from local vendors, cooking competitions, and the Yazoo Brewery beer garden. The first 500 people will be treated to free samples of food from Prince's Hot Chicken Shack and a few others. Yum! I can taste it now!! But of course, if we don't make the cut to be in the first 500, we can still purchase food.

Here are more details about this event.

This a just a list of a few events I found in Nashville but I know for a fact there are more going on. Just jump on Google and search your little heart out. Get out tomorrow and celebrate our Independence with your family! My family normally stays in because the neighborhood does their own mini fireworks show and my mom makes this chunky peanut butter ice cream. It is seriously the best home made ice cream I have EVER had in my entire life. And I think I might write about that tomorrow. Get ready!!



No comments:

Post a Comment