Sunday, June 30

Makeover Madness: Rocker Trash

I use the term "Rocker Trash" because this makeup look reminds me of the singer Kesha. She categorizes herself as "Garbage Chic" and that's what I'm hoping to achieve today. I first saw a similar look on Keiko Lynn's blog, but that was over a year. I must have subconsciously remembered it without remembering she did it first. So I'm linking it with her name if you want to see how she achieved the look.

I've had this pigmented pot of eyeshadow from MAC for a couple of years now and have hardly used it. I see it every day in my makeup bag so I wanted to bring it out in a post and that is what inspired me to do this look.



Products I used: 
MAC Paintpot in Painterly
MAC Pigment Eyeshadow Pot in Golden Olive
Urban Decay Naked Palette in Virgin and Creep. 
Rimmel London Exaggerate Full Color Eye Definer in Noir
Maybelline Mega Plush Volume Express in Blackest Black.
Bobbi Brown Semi-Matte Lipstick in Uber Beige (picture above).
Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick in Hot Plum (picture below).

Since my eyes were so heavy, I wanted to keep the lips neutral. But if you wanted to try something like Keiko Lynn's model, this is what it would look like with a bright lip.




Are there any eyeshadows in the bottom of your makeup kit that you don't use that often or that you've forgotten about? What looks have you experimented with? I want to hear them all!!

If you would like to see a tutorial or pic-torial on this look, comment below. You know you want to :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment