Friday, June 14

Makeover Madness: Smokey Eye

It's time for another edition of Makeover Madness.

Today, I applied the "smokey eye" to my co-workers Amy and Alex. One of these days I'll get around to uploading a tutorial with my own face. Tutorials really show how the brushes work their magic. But until then, here are their beautiful faces and the colors I chose for their smokey eyes. Alex wanted me to copy a look from Lauren and her Red Mahogany Smokey Eye tutorial. Lauren demonstrated her look all the way from face moisturizer to falsies. And although we didn't put as much on our face, I'll still let you know of the products we used.

Here is Lauren's tutorial for the Red Mahogany Smokey Eye. And in case you cannot click on the link, the video is below and will play within this post.


Before I show you Alex's pictures, I REALLY need to find the lighting like Lauren has in this video. It would make tutorials so much more effective!!

Lauren uses Maybelline's Color Tattoo eye shadow in Pomegranate Punk. I don't really like creamy shadows because, at least on my eyelids, the cream seems to sink in the creases. It makes me look oily and like the shadow has been on my eyes for 15 hours. Luckily I had another MAC eyeshadow in my makeup bag. It was the perfect base compared to the Color Tattoo.

Alex before:
Sorry about her squinty picture. I used a reflective shield from my car window and it was super bright.


We used liquid foundation instead of powder this time and I love that it still shows her freckles.


I also didn't want to apply this smokey look too heavy because Alex doesn't normally do this on her own. It was a good medium for the both of us.


My new favorite makeup product? Brow shadow. Let me make over your brows!!


This mahogany color is the PERFECT alternative to the typical gray/black smokey eye.


Covergirl TRUblend Foundation in Ivory
Everyday Minerals Matte Base Powder in Fair Neutral
Sephora Bronzing Powder in Los Cabos
Everyday Minerals Cheek Blush in Rhapsody in Peach
Lorac Take a Brow in Brunette (I used the darker of the two colors)
MAC Mega Metal Shadow for the lid in Sexpectations
Loreal Infallible Eye Shadow used for the top shadow on the lid in Glistening Garnet
MAC eye shadow for highlighting the brow in Phloof
Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Eye Define for lining her eyes in Noir no.261
Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Black Drama


Amy wanted to do the same smokey eye look as Alex but I decided to apply purples instead. Both purple and mahogany work beautifully on any eye color. 

Amy before:


I did Amy's purple smokiness a little heavier than Alex's and it still looks just as dramatic without the color being as drastic as black.


I haven't tried to mahogany on myself yet but I have used the purple. It pairs best with green eyes but still makes blue eyes POP.


When applying a smokey eye like this, whatever color you choose, always use a nude color for your lips. Keep the attention on your eyes. Otherwise, you might be pushing the "over done" look.


Again, new favorite thing? Brows, brows, and brows!


Covergirl Loose Powder in Translucent Medium
Clinique Even Better Concealer in Buttermilk
Sephora Bronzing Powder in Los Cabos
NARS blush in Orgasm
Lorac Take a Brow in Brunette (I used the lighter of the two colors)
MAC eye shadow for highlighting the brow in Phloof
MAC eye shadow for the lid in Fig
Korres eye shadow used for the top shadow on the lid in Plum
Rimmel Exaggerate Full Colour Eye Define for lining her eyes in Noir no.261
Maybelline's Mega Plush Lash Mascara in Blackest Black


Here is Amy and Alex together.
Sorry about that crazy spot on Amy's cheek. I promise, it was the sun!




Here's Alex before AND after.



And here's Amy before AND after.


Gorgeous, gorgeous, and GORGEOUS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment