Thursday, August 29

From desk to dinner.

desk to dinner:
5 easy ways to go from
day job to DATE NIGHT!

refresh your face
I kept my makeup minimal today since I was rocking the bold lipstick. I wore a light color on my lid and a light brown in the crease to give my eye a little depth. To add to it for an after-work look, all I did was draw on some black liner on top and along the waterline on the bottom. Easy peazy.

pump up the volume
Let's face it. Hair doesn't always do what we want it to do. You tell it to stick up and it lays down. You tell it to be curly and it stays straight. When you've got a date planned during the week after work, I would suggest carrying a travel-sized bottle of volumizing spray. Lean over and toss your hair over your head. Spray all over and work in between with your fingers. Stand back up, flipping your hair back, and you should have tons of volume!

change jewelry accessories
With a dressy outfit for work, I wanted to play down my accessories. But going out I wanted to mix up metals and double wrap two of my favorite necklaces.

add/remove clothing accessories
I decided to trade the green blazer for a black denim motorcycle jacket. These jackets are hott for the coming Fall fashion season and I completely forgot about it until I was trying to write this post and was pulling pieces from my closet. Instead of changing jackets, you could just remove it. Just another option.

change shoes
The other easiest change from desk to dinner? Trade out your shoes. I'd wear heels every day of my life if I could but I know most work places only allow conservative wardrobes. Either way, pack some killer heels and pop those babies on for a night out on the town!!


Dress (Target) | Nude Pumps (Target-similar) | Green Blazer (Forever 21-similar) | Glasses (Claire's)

Motorcycle Jacket (PackSun-similar) | Nude and Black Heels (Charlotte Russe-similar) | Gold Necklace (Urban Outfitters-similar) | Silver Multi-chain Necklace (New York & Co-similar) | Ring (Charlotte Russe-similar) | Clutch (Target-similar, similar) | Sunglasses (Forever 21)














No comments:

Post a Comment