Tuesday, August 27

5 minute makeup

You've overslept and the clock is ticking for you to get out the door in five minutes. Five minutes?! Are you frickin' kidding me?? Well, what do you do?

Personally, even when I do oversleep, I don't skimp time with my makeup. If I were at a different job, then maybe I'd have to reevaluate my priorities. But for now, let's play along.

There are really only five essential products that you need from your makeup bag to "Make it work!" as Tim Gunn would say. You might not be able to experiment with any new eye shadows but these products can get you out the door looking fresh, cute, and still put together.

1. SMOOTH on some creamy yet light foundation so that it covers your entire face. BB, CC, or DD cream would be perfect for this! Also make sure to find something with spf in it to protect your skin.

2. BRIGHTEN your newly covered complexion with a peachy-colored blush. Peach is a universally flattering color. Apply it to the apples of your cheeks and blend away towards your temples.

3. CURL your eyelashes with a product like E.L.F. lash curlers. Some makeup artists swear by their curler brand but I haven't found any differences. You can't beat this one for $1.

4. LENGTHEN your eyelashes with black mascara. One of my favorites is Maybelline Mega Plush mascara. Even when you're not wearing eyeshadow, a dramatic set of lashes can make you look polished.

5. TINT your lips with some colored chapstick. Let's face it, we probably have at least one tube of tinted chapstick floating around in the bottom of our purses. Or if you're a lipgloss kind of gal, wear something sheer and pink so that there is still color but it's not overbearing with the rest of your face. 

Now hit the road, Jack!!

If you're like me and take more than five minutes (or thirty) on perfecting your makeup look for the day, are you up for a challenge? I challenge dare all of you to find five products in your makeup bag that would complete your look for a day. If you need more, then cool! But see if you can apply it all in under five minutes.

123go!!


No comments:

Post a Comment