Thursday, August 29

Oh, Labor Day!

As we all know, after Labor Day hits us Monday it will officially be Fall. Or at least that's how my book sees it. I've written about a couple of Fall things on the blog but I keep doing a 180 because I just can't give up Summer yet. It's funny how when it's cold, we can't wait for warm weather. And when it's hot, we can't wait for cooler weather. The weather just needs to be a breezy 70 degrees all year long.

Aaaaah....

Labor Day was designed to make tribute to all of the worker's in the country who have made and are continuing to make our country great. I mean, we always have room for improvement but let's all relax on the extended weekend. I've got some yummy Summer cocktails that I wanted to share while I still can and not get strange looks with an umbrella in my cup. This one's for you and you and... ALL OF US!

long island iced tea (with a twist)
1 oz vodka
1 oz rum
1 oz gin
1 oz tequila
1 oz triple sec
1 1/2 oz sweet and sour mix
1 oz raspberry liquor

Pour all ingredients over ice and shake several times until mixed. Garnish with a lemon or lime.

LIITs normally call for Cola which gives the drink its' tea-like flavor, but the twist to this recipe is the raspberry liquor! I don't think I've experienced anything with raspberry in it that I didn't like so I am definitely pulling it out again this holiday weekend.

very fruity rum punch
1 1/2 cup rum
1/3 cup banana liquor
1 dash grenadine syrup
1 6oz can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 6oz can frozen pineapple concentrate
1 orange, sliced into rounds
1 lemon, sliced into rounds
1 lime, sliced into rounds

In a large punch bowl, prepare the juice concentrates according to can directions. Pour over all of the alcohols. Float the fruit slices at the top. Voila!

I'm a sucker for fruity alcoholic drinks. You caught me. Once I find one that I love, I become addicted pretty quickly. If you're like me then I know you'll fall head over heels just as much as I did.

I thought about telling you about the infamous Summer drink Beergaritas but we all know how to make those. So sit back and enjoy your three day weekends! I'm sure you'll probably find a good sale or two as well so indulge a little. Make one of your last Summer hoorahs worth it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment