Tuesday, August 13

August BIRCHBOX

It's here, it's here, IT'S HERE!!! My August Birchbox arrived in the mail on Monday and I'm super excited to reveal its' contents. Although I'm still not 100% impressed with the selections I've been given, I'm going to keep it for at least a year. I think the boxes should improve the longer I have the subscription or at least that's what I've heard. This month was better than last month's so that's a plus.

The theme in this box is "Finishing School". They've stepped away from the notorious Swiss academy feel and moved more towards details--handwritten invitations to red lipstick. These are the goodies packed and shipped just for me.


(malin + goetz)
Grapefruit face cleanser | Full-size, $30
WHAT  A best-selling cleanser that dissolves makeup, clears blemishes, and balances pH levels.
HOW    Massage this foaming cleanser into damp skin and rise.


coastal scents
Eye Shadow | Full-size, $34-$39
WHAT  Four complementary shades that can be worn alone or layered for a smoky look.
HOW    Sweep medium hues over lids and blend the darkest in creases. Use the light shade as a highlighter.



kms california
FREESHAPE Hot Flex Spray | Full-size, $19
WHAT  Heat-activated spray that protects against breakage and damage while providing medium hold.
HOW    Spray generously into towel-dried hair before breakin' out the tools.


modelco
Party Proof Lipstick | Set of 3, $24
WHAT  A semi-matte lipstick that delivers both hydration and lasting pigment.
HOW    One coat will do, but feel free to layer it on for extra richness.


showstoppers
Designer Fashion Tape | Full-size, $10
WHAT  Celeb stylists swear by these double-sided tap strips, which prevent any wardrobe mishaps.
HOW    Peel off the backings and press down to secure. Apply to fabric or directly to your skin.




My initial reviews:
Malin + Goetz | This was the product I tried first. I love everything grapefruit and being this has grapefruit in it, I knew I'd love it. The second best feature? It claims to remove makeup along with washing your face and I'd say that I have to agree. My skin can still feel tacky with my normal skincare routine if I don't watch it, but with this product, everything is removed and my skin feels smooth and fresh when I'm done.

Coastal Scents | These four eye shadow colors are very pretty. I'm a little angry that one of the shadows arrived broken up. Buuut I've heard nothing but positive reviews on Coastal Scents so I know they'll be great when I actually use them.

KMS California | So I don't use many hair products. Other than hair spray, gel (aerosol or spray), and heat protectant serum, I don't think I need anything else. Seeing that this is a heat-spray, I know I'll love this product. I unscrewed the top to smell it and it's got a funky stench. But I have smelled worse so I can live with it and I'll give it a try the next time I curl my hair.

ModelCo | Blahhhh. I don't like this stuff. The color I got was called "Dusk Till Dawn" and it's this weird brown color. Not like a nude brown but more of a reddish brown. The texture of this lipstick is very luxurious so that helps me look past the color. I'm not sure I'd spend over $20 for these. I'm pretty addicted to my Maybelline lipsticks so I'll pass with ModelCo. #sorrynotsorry

ShowStoppers | This was the lifestyle extra that Birchbox added to their boxes this month. So yeah....fashion tape. I don't know who really uses this but I sure don't. I got it as a freebie when I worked at Francesca's and I think I've used it mayyybe once. When would you need to use it? Yeah, I'm going to perform in my ballroom dress and my girls might pop out. Gotta remember my fashion tape!! Or Time for the swimsuit competition and I need to make sure it doesn't ride up my rear. Gotta remember my fashion tape!! I mean, come ON.

Let's go, Birchbox. Step it up!! I like you but I really want to love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment