Sunday, December 1

31 Days of Blogging Challenge: Day 1

I don't know if anyone remembers but myself, but I used to write blog posts every day. I've had the blog for over a year now but I only count when I began writing consistently in May 2013. That's when I started to build up my content and viewers. But as several months pass by, I started to fall off and only posted things as many as five times a week.

Even more recently, it has become fewer, but I happened upon a blog that holds a challenge for me. For all of us bloggers. I'll link them with the "life" label that I have on the sidebar so if anyone wants to go back and read them all, they'll be there for your reading pleasure. I'm sure I'll want to go back and read what my "top 10 songs of the moment" will be as well. It's the 31 Days of Blogging Challenge hosted by Reshape Your Life. Click on the picture below and it will take you to the blog.


Here is the list of the 31 challenges:

1. Write the story of your life in 250 words or less.
2. List 10 things that make you really happy.
3. Post your favorite photo of your self. Explain why.
4. What is your favorite comfort food. Post the recipe!
5. Post 10 songs your are loving right now.
6. Post a picture of your favorite outfit. Bonus points if there are details! Not sure what those would be.
7. If you could live in any time period, when would it be? And why?
8. Favorite photo (or top 3) that you've taken.
9. Tell a story from your childhood.
10. Post your favorite movies that you never get sick of watching.
11. Write something someone told you about yourself that you'll never forget (good or bad).
12. What are your top three pet peeves.
13. What is your best moment(s) in 2013?
14. What was the last book you read? What was it about and would you recommend it?
15. Creative writing day: Write a short, fictional story that starts with "It was time. He/She had fought against it for too long..."
16. Write a "day in the life" post.
17. Post a photo of your handwriting.
18. If you could have one superpower, what would it be? And why?
19. Go to a coffee shop and order your favorite drink/snack. Write about whatever you feel like (life lately, what makes you happy, what makes you sad, etc).
20. What is your favorite time of the year? And why?
21. Share something you are struggling with right now. And why?
22. Write about things that make you uncomfortable.
23. Write about someone who inspires you.
24. Pick a picture or a quote that speaks to you and explain why.
25. Post a moment from your day (can be just a photo, if you like).
26. Share something that makes you proud.
27. Where are you the happiest?
28. Share something that you are looking forward to in 2014.
29. Share something old that has a personal history for you, maybe something that was passed down or has special meaning. Tell us about it and why it's special.
30. Looking back, share highlights from 2013 (can be just photos).
31. Share some of your goals or resolutions for 2014.


Day 1 | My life story (in 250 words or less)
I was born (but not raised) in Jacksonville, FL. My dad is a Music Minister so our family of five moved around a lot. My brother was born first in Alabama and then moved to Florida where my parents had me. From Jacksonville, we moved to Georgia (where my sister was born), then to Chattanooga, then to Birmingham, and we have lived in the Nashville area for going on 8 years. My brother still lives in Birmingham with his wife and two kids (Ruby and Pace) and my sister lives here with her son, Zion. I met my future husband--Jerry--in 2007 (making it official on April Fools'--more on that here), got engaged in May 2009 (at my own surprise birthday party), finished college at MTSU with my BA in Management in August 2009, and have met some AMAZING best friends along the way. Jerry and I later got married on New Years' of 2011. We were first living in an apartment but have been living in our current house for two years now. We probably will not be having any kids because of some reproductive issues, so for now we are enjoying our families, our kitties--Asher and Sophie--and looking forward to more traveling and life as DINKs (double income, no kids).

Scorrrrrre! 216 words!!

In case you're wondering, these won't be my only posts for the month of December. I'm going to try this challenge to a) break up the beauty routine, b) share some life stories, and c) get a little more creative with future posts. Some days might only be these challenge posts as well. So I'll see what I can get out from a day to day basis. It's fun to do a little reflecting!

I hope you enjoy this challenge and if you're interested in doing one yourself, just click the picture above and visit that blogger's site!

1 comment:

  1. I saw your picture and I must say that you have such beautiful eyes!
    I saw this challenge on a group blog on Facebook and decided to try it. It looks like your family has been moving quite a lot but it makes for exciting adventures. I liked reading your post. i will do mine soon. I am currently doing another challenge so I'll just do both haha. Such fun!

    Care to take a look? http://agirlsbite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete