Wednesday, December 18

Emerald Smoky Eyes


Remember the other day I asked if someone would remind me to do this tutorial for you? Well, of all people, I reminded myself! I figured I should go ahead and get it done because if I put it off for too long, I'd really forget. **Ahem, celeb makeup tutorial, no mirror makeup challenge, AHEM. **

I wasn't too drawn to this emerald eye crayon from the drugstore shelf because I thought it would clash with my blue eyes. But once I had it on, though? That was a totally different story.

The thickness of the pencil made it easy to apply to my eyes and the sponge applicator on the other end smudged the color b-e-a-utifully. I wanted to show you four quick steps in applying this and achieving a smoky eye in just a few minutes. Once you have applied all makeup except for your eyes, follow these suggestions:

1) Line your eyelid with a thick line almost up to the crease. I used Maybelline Master Smoky Longwearing Shadow Pencil in Emerald Fury.
2) Blend to a little above the crease and out to the corners making a wing and apply a brown shadow to the crease to give your eye some depth. I used Mac eye shadow in Haux.
3) Line your lower lash line, including your water line, all the way out to the corners meeting with the color above.
4) Blend both lines until you achieve the smokiness and wings that you desire. I also added in a mini #ootd. Don't shoot me.

Finish this look off with two coats of your favorite mascara and a little bit of highlighter dusted on your cheekbones and your nose. You can add your favorite nude lipstick or dare to go bolder and add a pretty light pink!

[ONE]

[TWO]

[THREE]

[FOUR]


 


 
Hello Gorgeous shirt: ON (simliar) // Gray cardi: Target (old) // Plum cords: ON // Taupe booties: Gap

I'm linking up with Random Wednesday and Wildcard Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment