Tuesday, September 17

September IPSY bag


September's IPSY bag was all about Classic Beauty. When I think about classic or timeless beauty, I think of Audrey or Marilyn so I was expecting some red lipstick, maybe a little black liner. And although I didn't get any lipstick, I did get some pretty sweet kohl liner.

My glam bag online showed me I was going to get some tinted lip balm, the kohl liner, mascara, gray eye shadow, and nail polish. Three out of five ain't bad, right? These are my goodies.

Sorry the bag is kind of dark. I'll show a better picture below.



This LIFE palette features a palette with four different looks including 36 eye, cheek, and lip colors. Look 1 is called "Power Suit" and it has neutrals, blacks/grays, and maroons. Look 2 is called "Girl in Charge" and it has mauves and purples. Look 3 is called "Out to Lunch" and it has neutrals, taupes, and pinks. Lastly, look 4 is called "Natural Talent" and it has neutrals, browns, and darker pinks. The sample I got below in the above picture was from the last look. I'm kind of bummed that they chose the most neutral samples because most all girls have these colors already in their makeup bags. But, I'm willing to try it! Holy moly! Can I just mention that price?! I would NEVER pay that much for a palette no matter how many colors there were.



This set of hair products was something that most all girls online were disappointed in. I think it's just because it's a brand we all have already been using. John Frieda sent me this Full Body Shampoo & Conditioner for "reviving your overworked hair". It smells very salon-y. It's not that I'm trying to dis the set, it's just that I'm pretty satisfied with my current hair products. I'll definitely be keeping this for travel though.



I'm beginning to fall in love with NYX products. I don't particularly like that I was packed this "Sparkle White" color but I know it will be beautiful for highlighting. I know this brand is pretty cheap in the stores so I don't feel so bad buying it all when I need something new to experiment with.



More mascara, yayyy. Okay, so I'm being sarcastic there. On the one hand, I love trying out new mascara like every other girl, but I don't like it when it's every single month in every single Ipsy bag. I'd love to kick it out and replace it with another beauty product that I don't get so often. While I've never heard of this brand before, it claims to be volumizing and what girl doesn't want fuller lashes?!

I love me a good kohl liner. They go on so smooth and creamy and it makes me want to use it as my only eye liner. I could never get rid of my liquids though. None the less, it'll be fun to pull it out for girls night and such. This is another brand that I have never heard of but I'm willing to give it a shot.


Have I convinced you the last few months to get a subscription to Ipsy? I'd HIGHLY recommend this one over Birchbox. Just my personal opinion though. I am still happier with this bag but we'll see in a year if my mind changes or not.


1 comment:

  1. I've been thinking of signing up for ipsy for awhile, I just can't make up my mind (big decision, right?)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog on Friday, I'm lovin yours! :)

    ReplyDelete