Monday, November 4

Makeover Madness: Drama, Baby.


It's been a little while since I've done a makeover post and I'm very excited about it! My co-worker, Alex, brought me a picture from this month's issue of Real Simple and asked that I apply that look to her face. It was a very dramatic cat/smoky eye and I was a little nervous with the outcome because it's not her usual look. But, of course, I jumped at the opportunity. And I can feature her on the blog. Duh.

Luckily I had brought my makeup with me to work and we were able to play on break. The browns almost had some purple and/or black to them so I pulled several colors from my makeup bag and just blended on her eyes until I achieved the desired look.

BEFORE

AFTER



[one] Swipe a medium to dark brown eye shadow over the entire lid.
-- I used Victoria's Secret wet/dry shadow in Espresso Lane. (currently no longer sold)

[two] Blend a lighter brown in the crease from side to side.
-- I used Mac eye shadow in Haux.

[three] To achieve the drama, swipe the same medium to dark brown color under the eyes and up towards each outer corner towards the brows. Make that line as a starting point.
-- I used the same brown from Victoria's Secret in step 1.

[four] Once that is made, blend the outer corner to that line with a darker brown/purple-ish color.
-- I used a color called Hustle from the Urban Decay Naked palette.

[five] If you want even more smokiness, you can blend black in the outer corners as well.
-- I used Covergirl shadow in Shimmering Onyx.

[six] Line the eyes with a black liner and if you want it smudged, that still works with this look. Also line the lower lash line but only the outer two-thirds.
-- I used something from my September Ipsy bag. It's a Kohl liner by Starlooks in Obsidian.

[seven] Use a smaller brush to dab a lighter, shimmery color in the inner corners of the eyes.
-- I used a color called Sidecar from the Urban Decay Naked palette.

[eight] Apply two coats of mascara to the top and bottom lashes.
-- I used Benefit's They're Real mascara.


Alex used a rosy lip color but a nude color works beautifully as well.

I love makeup on people when it is not their norm because it's so much fun to change it up every once in a while. Since I've always featured the eyes on Alex, I might just have to try something different next time. Maybe barely-there eyes and a colorful lip? Or maybe smoky eyes with no mascara for more of a Bohemian look? Orrr maybe cat eyes?

No comments:

Post a Comment