Monday, November 4

influenster #RoseVoxBox

It's been said that every rose has its thorn, but we dare you to find one in the Rose VoxBox! Romance yourself with beautifying goodies that will keep you in bloom all winter long...

Influenster is another subscription service that I signed up with a few months ago after a reader suggested it to me. I had never heard of it before. You log on to the site, take a few surveys about different products and receive "badges" for doing so. The more you do, the more of a chance for free things. In the fine print it mentions that not everyone receives a VoxBox so I was not expecting anything. In early September, I received their Sargento VoxBox -- yes, I know it sounds weird, but I got this cool cheese stick cooler container thing and free cheese coupons! 

And now this month I got an email saying I would soon be getting this Rose VoxBox. I wasn't sure what was going to be inside but the initial questionairre was all about mascara brands. Mascara is a weakness of mine. Friday rolls around last week and the pretty pink box was sitting on my front porch. And it was HUGE in comparison to the last one. I'd say the box is probably 8x12. I shook it with excitement to see if I could guess what was inside based on the noise it was making.

We had plans to meet my family for dinner so I had to rush straight to the train station to pick up J. After I parked, I couldn't wait any longer so I grabbed a key and ripped the tape free to reveal the contents of the box. There were five products.

[one] Dr. Scholl's For Her Cozy Cushions | $12.49

[two] Kiss Gradiation Polishes | $6.99

[three] Rimmel London Scandaleyes Retro Glam Mascara | $5.99

[four] belVita crunchy Breakfast Biscuits | $3.69 for a box of 5 packets of 4 biscuits

[five] Lindt LINDOR Milk Chocolate Truffles | $3.99

What I first thought:
The first thing I noticed was the foot cushions. They were massive and taking up the entire diagonal space of the box. I didn't even know Dr. Scholl's had this in their line of products but they looked promising. You can cut them according to your shoe size and are to be worn inside any type of boots or casual shoes to help keep your feet warm. I'm not sure if I'll like them because I have one other pair of boots with the same lining and my feet get pretty sweaty by the end of the night.

The second thing I noticed was the gold nail polish. Aaahhhhh (sung like angels in Heaven). I've never heard of the brand, Kiss, but I think this product is pretty genius. It comes in a set of three bottles and you're supposed to layer them to look gradiated from regular gold to gold glitter. We've done this DIY so I highly doubt I would have bought this on my own. But hey! Now that I've got it in my possession, don't mind if I do.

The third thing I noticed was the massive tube of mascara. It's a Rimmel product and, honestly, I haven't bought their mascara in a very long time. My per-youzhe (usual, silly) drugstore picks are Maybelline or Covergirl. But the fact that the packaging says that it's "retro glam", all I can picture is Twiggy and her huge lashes. It says it'll plump and fan out the lashes giving you a bold, wide-eyed look. AND there aren't any clumps. I love Benefit's They're Real mascara but with the fibers in the ingredients, it clumps and falls to my cheeks a lot of times, especially when I wear it all day.
The next thing I noticed was the belVita biscuits. I don't think I've ever seen these in the stores but my brother feeds them to their daughter. I tried them the last time I visited and they're pretty delicious. Supposedly they are baked to release steady energy that lasts all morning. If that really works, then great! But it sounds like marketing bullshit to me. I love the fact that there is no high fructose corn syrup in them, but the releasing of energy thing has me a little skeptical.

And the last thing in the box was a tiny bag of Lindt truffles. These I have had before and they are AMAZING! My sister works in an outlet shopping center and the Lindt store there was going out of business. So she was getting boxes and boxes and boxes of free chocolate. We came home with so much that it filled both cabinet doors above our microwave. My personal favorite is the white chocolate, but these milk chocolate truffles are definitely in second place. I'm not a huge chocolate person so I'm not sure if I'd buy these on my own, but if they're free, I'll take them!

I like every single thing in this box, and that's pretty rare for the Birchbox or Ipsy bags, so I just need to remember to keep taking the silly surveys so that I can try their stuff! On another note, I do really like giving my opinions on these products. So if you're interested in trying one of these out, stay tuned because I'll be reviewing them soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment