Monday, November 25

November Birchbox


My November Birchbox FINALLY arrived over the weekend. I didn't think I was ever going to get it. My card associated with the account had expired so I got an email asking to update it, so I did it that night but I never heard anything afterwards. I usually get this box before Ipsy so when it arrived first, I was confused and was hoping this month wasn't going to be skipped.

Month after month, the boxes contain two, MAYBE three, things that I like and the other stuff I'd chunk. This box is no different.

[ONE] Atelier Cologne
Vanille Insensee Cologne Absolue | Full-size, $70
   WHAT   A fresh blend of soft vanilla, romantic jasmine, and bright lime notes.
   HOW     Apply to pulse points--a little goes a long way.

[TWO] Color Club
Nail Polish in Baldwin Blues | Full-size, $8
   WHAT   On-trend pro-quality lacuqer that will take you easily--and gorgeously--from day to night.
   HOW     Apply two coats for an opaque finish. Always use base and top coats to make your color last.

[THREE] derma e
Evenly Radiant Skincare Collection | Full-size, $15.50 - $29.95
   WHAT   This all-natural trio uses an intensive brightening complex for even, glowing skin.
   HOW     Apply Cleanser and rinse, followed by the Serum. Use the Night Creme in the p.m. only.

[FOUR] Eyeko
Skinny Liquid Eyeliner | Full-size, $16
   WHAT   Direct from the UK, this user-friendly liquid liner freatures a velvety smooth formula.
   HOW     Trace your upper lashline, or try your hand at a cat-eye.

[FIVE] TOCCA
Crema da Mano in Cleopatra | Full-size, $8-$20
   WHAT   Loaded with natural oils, this grapefruit and cucumber lotion absorbs in a flash.
   HOW     Rub generously into hands--and anywhere you need a moisture boost.

[SIX] Birchbox Find Alert!
Ghirardelli Mint Cookie Chocolate | (price not listed)


My Initial Reviews:
[ONE] I am always very skeptical when it comes to perfume/cologne samples. How does anyone know what your scent will be to package you something in a box like this? But I was very curious with the vanilla, jasmine, and lime blends. I'm not normally a sweet perfume wearer but after applying this to my wrists, I think it's my new favorite scent. It's sweet, but a very subtle sweet, and the jasmine brings a beautiful balance. I was about to tell you that I'd never pay $70 for a bottle of perfume, but we've bought Armani Code for J and it was around that same price, so....maybe I'll add it to my Christmas wishlist?

[TWO] This nail polish is the perfect in-between color to navy and royal blue. It's almost got a teal-ish quality to it. Eight bucks isn't bad either considering Essie costs that much too. The quality is as nice as it's described so I might just pick this brand up the next time I'm in the market for a new color.

[THREE] I'm very iffy about skincare products. My facial skin is still in protest with the rest of my body so I have to trust the brand to put it on my face. I like that this sample comes with a cleanser, serum, and night creme. Most people would just send one or the other.

[FOUR] I don't know that I can stray from the current liquid liner that I use everyday. I use the cheap-o brand, ELF, and it hasn't turned me away yet. This liner by Eyeko comes in one of those refillable pointy brush things. I've tried similar products in the past and hated them. So if anyone wants it, just let me know!

[FIVE] I'm also not a big hand lotion-er. I do like how light the scent is and the consistency is not heavy at all so maybe I'll keep it in my desk at work for those dreary winter days.

[SIX] Hello?!?! Chocolate. Mint cookie chocolate. It's wayyy better than the Girl Scout Thin Mints. That's all I'm going to say.

I'm still planning on staying with Birchbox for a year to see if the products improve. I just don't think I would ever buy this high-end products in real life. It's cool to get chocolate and nail polish in my boxes though.

If you're interested in signing up for Birchbox, just go to their site and create and account! Set up your beauty profile and they'll begin your customized boxes.

I'm linking up with Monday Morning Gossip and Mingle Monday for today's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment