Saturday, May 18

Mini S'mores

It's time to mix it up! I'd love to have every single post about makeup but, let's get real, it would probably get boring. And predictable. Yawn. So today I'm going to post a recipe for a dessert that I was just introduced to about two weeks ago--mini s'mores. It's not even 8 am yet and my stomach is excited in the anticipation. I think I might even throw in my recipe for chicken dip. Plain ole' chicken dip? you say. I thought the same thing, but it has got to be the BEST I have ever had. It even surpasses my love for cheese dip, salsa, and any other dips. The ingredients are super simple and all I ask is that you try both recipes at least once and come back and tell me that you're mind has been blown away.--EDIT. Now that I see how long this recipe actually is, I'll save the chicken dip for another time. Get pumped!!

Mini S'mores

Ingredients:
  • 7 whole graham crackers, finely crushed
  • 1/4 cup powdered sugar
  • 6 tbsp butter, melted
  • 4 bars milk chocolate candy
  • 12 large marshmallows
You are going to be shocked at how easy these are to make.

Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. And in the mean time, place graham crackers into a large resealable plastic bag. Finely crush them into crumbs using a baker's roller. First, we bought the box of graham crackers that came in squares, not the typical rectangles. So I ended up taking out 14 squares for this recipe. I also didn't have a baker's roller so I just finely crushed them using a bottle of alcohol. I promise we're not alcoholics. We just keep lots of liquor at our house for parties. Combine crushed graham crackers, powdered sugar, and butter in a small bowl.

Step 2: Using a small scoop, place a scant scoop of crumb mixture into each cup of a mini muffin pan. Press crumbs to form shallow cups with a mini-tart shaper. I didn't have a small scoop or a tart shaper so I just pressed them as best as I could. They just need to look like a bowl. Bake 4-5 minutes or until edges are bubbling.

Step 3: While the crust is in the oven, break two of the candy bars into rectangles. After the cups have finished, remove them from the oven and place one rectangle into each cup.

Step 4: Cut marshmallows in half crosswise using shears dipped in cold water. Don't ignore this! They will stick if you don't run the scissors through water with each cut. Place one marshmallow half, cut-side down, into each cup. Return them to the oven for 1-2 minutes or until marshmallows are just slightly softened. Remove from the oven to a cooling rack; cool 15 minutes. Carefully remove cups from the pan. Cool completely. I wasn't sure how to get these cups out of the mini muffin tin. I just ran a plastic knife along the edges and kind of popped it out, very gently so that they wouldn't fall apart.

Step 5: Break the remaining candy bars and place in a prep bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1-1/2 minutes or until melted and smooth, stirring every 20 seconds. Dip the top of each marshmallow in the melted chocolate. Turn top-side up and let stand 40 minutes to 1 hour or until set.

Yield: 24 cups

Store the cups in a single layer in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Freezing is not recommended. For a richer chocolate flavor substitute dark chocolate candy for the milk chocolate.

Print Pampered Chef Recipe

1 comment: