Friday, May 24

It's like crack--CHICKEN DIP

A week has passed since the recipe I posted about the mini s'mores and I promised I would follow up with the chicken dip recipe. You know how Wal-Mart has these itty bitty shelves on a pole like in the middle of the produce section with recipe cards stacked neatly? Welp, this recipe came from that shelf and I could not have been happier after I stuffed the first heaping bite in my mouth. This chicken dip was the shit and I don't know how they do it! It has a total of five ingredients and if I didn't already know, I would've thought there was crack inside. Not that I know what crack is like. Crack is whack, kids. I'll quit trying to build you up to its' awesomeness and just give you the recipe. Try it and tell me what you think!!

Buffalo Chicken Dip

Ingredients:

  • 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup of Ranch salad dressing
  • 1/2 cup of Frank's REDHOT Buffalo Wing Sauce
  • 2 cans (12.5 oz. each) chunk breast of chicken, drained
  • 1/2 crumbled blue cheese or shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions:
HEAT oven to 350 degrees. Place cream cheese into deep baking dish. Stir until smooth.
MIX in salad dressing, wing sauce, and cheese. Stir in chicken.
BAKE 20 minutes or until mixture is heated through; stir. Garnish as desired.
SERVE with crackers or vegetables.

Disclaimer:
It takes about 1 hour for cream cheese to soften on its own. If you forget, no big deal, just put it in a bowl and heat in the microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring in between if needed. It needs to be creamy. The last thing you want is to be eating this dip and one bite is all cream cheese. Barf.

If you are not a fan of Ranch dressing, like my husband, you can use Blue Cheese dressing.

The Buffalo Wing sauce can be substituted for any sauce you like. If you have your favorite BBQ sauce in the fridge, by all means, use that!

Frank's REDHOT sauce also comes in Original Cayenne Pepper sauce, Ketchup-style hot sauce, Extra Hot Cayenne Pepper sauce, Kickin' BBQ sauce (our personal favorite), Sweet Chili sauce (our second favorite), and Chile n' Lime sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment