Thursday, February 13

February 2014 Birchbox


In February's Birchbox, I was half expecting it to be love-themed because of Valentine's Day, but it wasn't. They focused more on Awards Season and how one would prepare themselves for the red carpet.

"Step and Repeat" shares star beauty intel with us (although after reading what you see below, I call BS) starting with tips on posing for flattering photos. Wait. Maybe they share these tips on Birchbox's site... Yep, I bet that's it.


Agave
Healing Oil Treatment | Full-size, $24-$40
   WHAT   Created by a veteran hairstylist, this lightweight oil uses agave to hydrate and protect.
   HOW     Work a small amount into damp hair from roots to ends.

I'm not one to always try out new hair products. But considering this was meant to restore and treat frizzy hair, I'm all for it. I don't really know if it's one of those products you have to use for a week before you begin seeing results, so we'll see how it goes.

Eleven Skin
Refresh Cleanser | Full-size, $30
   WHAT   A rich face wash that leaves skin clean without stripping it of its natural moisture.
   HOW     Massage a pea-sized amount into wet skin, rinse, and pat dry.

I think I say this every time I get face products. I don't like to try new things on mah face. It's too sensitive. I guess I could look at it as my face is already acting like a 2-year old so it wouldn't hurt, right? Just makes me nervous to try something out of my routine.

OPI
Sheer Tints in Be Magentale with Me | Full-size, $9
   WHAT   This tinted top coat gives nails a wash of high-shine, translucent color.
   HOW     Wear alone for a subtle tint, or over your go-to polish for a chic shade-shifting effect.

I'm going to be honest and say I don't really see the point of this stuff. Maybe it's just me, but I HATE sheer polish. So a tinted, sheer polish? No thanks.

smashbox cosmetics
Full Exposure Mascara | Full-size, $19.50
   WHAT   Hybrid fiber formula that expertly lengthens, volumizes, and curls sans clumps or flakes.
   HOW     Sweep mascara wand from the roots to the tips of lashes. For even more drama, use two coats.

I love love love trying new mascaras! I'm always interested to see which ones give me volume or length. This mascara claims it's a hybrid fiber formula so I'm curious to see what exactly that means.

.....BEAUTY EXTRA.....

smashbox cosmetics
Full Exposure Palette | Full-size, $49
   WHAT   A range of versatile hues, complete with tips on creating the best look for your eye shape.
   HOW     Use one shadow for a casual look, or layer shades to take makeup from day to night.

I haven't had much luck with previous sample palettes because it seems like it's not always enough for both eyes. I really like that this sample includes the 6 same colors (so 12 total) in both shimmery and matte. So maybe I'll actually have enough this time.

Interested in signing up with Birchbox? Visit their site and follow their instructions.

I'm linking up with All Things Thursday and Tres-Chic.

No comments:

Post a Comment