Monday, October 21

October Ipsy Glam Bag

I don't know what it is about Ipsy being late every month, but it seems like it keeps moving forward a few days each time. But hey, at least I'm still loving the samples, right?! This month's glam bag was all about the Art of Beauty and each of the five samples were personalized based on the ipsyMatch that I filled out when I first signed up for it. The first couple of bags, you might remember that I complained about getting mascara every single time. After I adjusted a few things online with the match, I hadn't gotten another mascara sample since! So just know that if you keep seeing repeat products or if you decide you don't want to explore different brands of hairspray or nail polish, just log in to your account and change your personalizations.

I'm not very excited about the actual glam bag for October. It's just not very cute to me....I can always use it for tampons or something, right?! Haha. (All images below are courtesy of Ipsy's website. I didn't have the time to take any myself.)

[ONE] Sexy Hair: Blow Dry Gel | $16.95
This product is an alcohol-free gel that thickens hair while adding volume. It also helps retain moisture so your hair never feels dry or brittle. I love this brand and it just happens to be the first sample I've gotten with Ipsy. Although I have been blessed with thick hair, I'm curious to see just how much volume I can achieve with this gel.

[TWO] LA Fresh: Eco-Beauty Oil-Free Face Cleanser Wipes | $9.99
These face wipes gently cleanses and detoxifies skin. They are biodegradable, compostable, and are packaged using clean, renewable solar energy. I haven't always been an eco-friendly person, but I love how "green" this product is. I use these kinds of wipes to remove my makeup every day and, oddly enough, I just ran out this past week so I am very thankful to have received this sample. The scent of the wipes is not your normal refreshing scent but maybe it's just something I'll need to get used to.

[THREE] Starlooks Lip Pencil: "Tickle Me Pink" | $12.00
This long-lasting, full-coverage lip pencil enhances the shape of your lips and gives them the perfect definition. You can also use it as an all-over, highly-pigmented lip color. I got this brand of pencil last month but it was a black eyeliner instead. I love how creamy it is and it can easily be smudged rather than having harsh lines. My other favorite thing is that it comes in either satin or matte so your look can be very versatile.

[FOUR] Nourish Organic: Deeply Nourishing Coconut & Argan Body Lotion | $9.99
This is a new collection of ultra-moisturizing body lotions and body washes that hydrate, soften, and smooth the skin. I love love love that this brand is sold exclusively at Target. AND it comes in several scents: coconut & argan, almond vanilla, and lavender mint. I'm going to very brutally honest with you and say that I do NOT like the scent placed in my bag. I can't put my finger on it, but it doesn't smell like coconut but just something really stinky. It did leave my hand quite smooth though.

[FIVE] ZOYA Nail Polish: "Giovanna" | $8.00
These ultra long-wearing glossy nail lacquers by Zoya are BIG5FREE...free of toluene, camphor, formaldehyde resin, and dibutyl phthalate. I'm not sure what other nail polish brands can say that. This particular color is in a collection this Fall designed to work together with runway designs. I'm always up for free nail polish. The price is the same as Essie so I'm interested to see if it's the same quality. Although I like the darker green color I was given, I have a color the exact same so I'm not sure I'll keep it. Any takers?


And there ya go!! I'm waiting to find the perfect Ipsy glam bag, but until then I'm still more pleased than I am with Birchbox. If it were up to me and I would have the chance to pick these out on my own, I'd only use two of these products (Big Sexy Hair and the face wipes). Sorry if that bursts anyone's bubbles but I have to be real with you. Annnd since I wasn't in love with the look of the glam bag, I'd call this month kind of a dud. You win some, you lose some, right?!

If you're interested in subscribing in Ipsy, visit their website and sign up! You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment