Tuesday, September 30

REVIEW | Mary Kay Blue Smoke Beauty Tip

New York Fashion Week has come and gone and there were some extraordinary things to hit the runways. I'm here today not to talk about the fashion--although it was all ON POINT!--but to talk about the makeup that completed the looks.

Celebrity makeup artist, Luis Casco, was inspired by sapphire smoky eyes that hit the streets of NYC and he wanted to create a smoky eye look that could be adapted to daytime activities but easily added to for night. I know a lot of us are a little shy to attempt the smoky eye for a day at work, but after reviewing his inspired looks, I think we all can achieve it!


Here are the things Mary Kay sent me to review. The whole look includes eye primer, champagne eye shadow, the Sapphire Smoke eye shadow palette, bronzer, peach blush, lash lengthening mascara, a natural colored lip liner, a dusty pink semi-matte lipstick, and a makeup setting spray.


Apart from the eyes, Luis suggests applying sheer peach blush to the apples of the cheeks and bronzer all over the face to give yourself a little glow. Apply two coats of the lengthening mascara and to top off the look, apply a nude liner and lipstick like their semi-matte lipstick in Pink Moonstone. I'm starting to really love their semi-matte lipsticks. They don't have staying power like a lot of mattes do, but they have amazing color payoff so I'm glad this is a part of my collection!

I wouldn't call this a smoky "blue" look because it's definitely more purple. None the less, it's a gorgeous color and stands apart from the typical grays, browns, and blacks that others go for. I also got the makeup finishing spray but I couldn't find it at the moment so I didn't include it with the picture.

As you can probably tell, I used this once already BUT I didn't apply it like Luis suggested. I applied the colors the opposite way. I swiped the grays on my lid and purples around it to make the smoky look. And then I applied my black liner like normal with mascara and natural lipstick to complete the look. I don't know if I've mentioned it before, but Mary Kay eye shadows have great staying power! I wore this look last week during work hours and it didn't smudge one bit. So I'm a believer.

It doesn't look so hard, right?? Let's get to creating some colorful smoky eyes! If you've tried colors outside the norm, what are your favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment