Tuesday, September 23

Ipsy Glam Bag Sept '14 | Street Style


Another month, another Ipsy glam bag. Most summer glam bags are "beachy" and aren't typically something I'd keep in my bag. Don't get me wrong, I'll toss one in my beach bag that holds keys, chapstick, and my ID or something, but a bag like the one I got this month? I'd definitely keep it in my purse to hold some things.

Before I get into the review of these products, I just want to throw out there that if you're wanting more things you'd use on a more regular basis, I'd highly suggest updating your Ipsy profile. I updated mine to be more makeup oriented before I signed back up at the end of July so that I'd quit getting things I wouldn't use, like hand cream, bb cream, or hair conditioner.


On to my quick reviews!

Mitchell and Peach Luxury Hand Cream | Full-size, about $22.00
--> I'll start by saying that I don't really like this stuff. I hardly ever use hand creams and on top of that, it stinks. No bueno, Ipsy. I will say that it's soft like they claim to be.

Avon Big & Daring Volume Mascara | $9.00, on sale for $6.99!
--> I love new mascaras, especially ones that claim they give you more volume for your lashes. The ingredients reminds me a little of Benefit's They're Real Mascara. It works on some people, but not me. Yes, it makes my lashes seems thicker and sometimes bigger, but one coat isn't enough and two coats seems to get clumpy. I'll keep it as a backup, but I don't think I'd buy it regularly.

Be a Bombshell Smooth Criminal Powder | $12.00
--> I wasn't sure what this stuff was when I pulled it out of the bag. But I LOVE this brand so I knew I'd love whatever this potted stuff held to offer. Looking at the website, it's a powder meant to wear over your foundation to reduce the appearance of lines and pores for a smoother look, hence the name "Smooth Criminal". I haven't used it on my whole face yet, but I did swipe it on my jaw bone and it's stayed all day. I think it's a keeper!

Cailyn Art Touch Tinted Lip Gloss | $19.00
-->I don't know that I've ever heard of this brand but this product claims to give you a stain and gloss in one. I'm not much of a gloss person but the "Basic Instinct" color I got would be one that I could swipe on when I'm in a hurry and would like a little bit of color on my lips. Meh, I'll keep it.

Pacifica 7 Free Nail Polish | $9.00
--> Fall is here and this is a gorgeous color to wear during the season. I've gotten bb cream in this brand in a previous Ipsy bag but never the polish. I put it on as soon as I got the bag last week and it's still on with just a tiny chip on ONE finger. I'd say that's a success. I've got similar colors already but who says you can't have more than one wine-colored nail polish?!

So whatdoya think? Were you as satisfied with your glam bag this month as I was?


No comments:

Post a Comment