Monday, October 14

October Birchbox

I was surprised at how fast this month's Birchbox was delivered to my house. I think the tracking number had it set to arrive Saturday but I got home from work Friday evening with a gift in my mailbox! I was thinking of filming a reveal but I got too excited and ripped it open as soon as I set everything down inside.


October's theme was Beauty Buzz and was centered around some of the most buzzworthy products according to celebrity favorites, award winners, and new up-and-coming items. I don't know if I always agree with those buzzing products but I was anxious to see what was packed inside my box.

Joie
Folle de Joie | Full-size, $98
WHAT   A captivating scent with a modern blend of mandarin, rose, and sandalwood.
HOW     Spritz onto pulse points like the wrists and neck.


Liz Earle
Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser | Full-size, $21.50
WHAT   UK facorite that uses a two-step ritual to purify and exfoliate. A Birchbox exclusive!
HOW     Massage into skin. With muslin cloth, wipe off gently in small circles, from the center out.

Liz Earle
Pure Muslin Cloth | 2 cloths, $6
WHAT   Ditch your harsh exfoliator and use this pure muslin cloth, which gently polishes skin.
HOW     Rinse with warm water and wipe off cleanser. Hang to dry.


Miss Jessie's Originial
Creme de la Creme Conditioner | Full-size, $16
WHAT   This detangling formula softens and nourished stubborn curls and pin-straight locks alike.
HOW     Smooth through damp, clean hair and rinse--or dab into dry hair as a leave-in treatment.


POP Beauty
Aqua Lacquer | Full-size, $14
WHAT   A British makeup pro created this sheer gloss, which plumps and hydrates with jojoba oil.
HOW     The cute paddle-style applicator makes for precise lines.


Birchbox Find Alert!
ChapStick Hydration Lock
WHAT   ChapStick developed a new 8-hour moisture technology that's definitely a breakthrough.
HOW     It's clinically proven to moisturize lips, from 9-5. It also doubles as a lip primer and comes chock full of damage-defending antioxidants like CoQ10 and Vitamin E.


My Initial Reviews:
Joie | This perfume is NOT my style at all. The card said it had mandarin, rose, and sandalwood but all I could smell was the floral. It IS a light scent. But still...not my style. So I tossed it.

Liz Earle Cleanser & Cloths | I'm always a little excited when I get face products. Actually, on one hand, I don't because my face can be sensitive. But on the other hand, I love it when the treasures I do find are amazing. One of the main scents is eucalyptus and there's just something about it that makes me feel refreshed. Since it's an exfoliator I assumed the texture would be grainy but it's not. It's very very smooth. So I'm curious to see how this will actually work on my face.

Miss Jessie's Originals | I love me a good hair conditioner. I also love that it's geared towards curly/wavy hair or hair that is colored or chemically damaged. The Birchbox ladies were really excited about this product so I'm also excited to try it out.

POP Beauty | I've gotten a lip crayon from this brand in a previous box so I was glad I got a lipgloss instead. The gloss was the first thing I tried Friday night. As soon as I put it on, I was reminded of my middle school days where the other students made fun of me because of my huge lips. Kids, shiny lip products + big lips = no good. Annnd it had a plumping agent in it so my lips were feeling all tingly so I know the size was only growing. The paddle brush was kinda cool, though. BUT, I'm going to toss it.

ChapStick | I'm not kidding when I say this, but I bought this exact tube of Chapstick two weeks ago. I love that it's vanilla scented and the moisture will last all day, but I do not like that Birchbox threw this in with their box this month when it's not "high end" like their company claims to be. It came with a coupon for the next purchase (not sure if I'll use it), but I'll definitely keep this tube in my bedside table.


I know I've been more than disappointed in all but one Birchbox since I've started my subscription, I can honestly say I like this one. I don't love it, but it's better. I got a few things I actually have wanted to try after seeing ads and such. And considering most of Birchbox's items are more upscale, I think I got a pretty good deal this time.

Looking to start a subscription? Google Birchbox and follow the steps on their website!

1 comment:

  1. I have some Miss Jessie's curl lotion...it is great. And I am seriously thinking about DIY-ing that muslin exfoliating cloth. I look forward to a review of it.

    ReplyDelete